Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bush Climate Change Speech

You know, I think this is positive. If nothing else we can use this to face the critics. I believe that it reflects a growing consensus amongst businesses that something will eventually be done to limit green house gas emissions. This acceptance by businesses could have been what prompted the President to feel he could say something on the matter. While not very specific it could very easily be seen as generically giving support to congress to make some sort of progress in this direction. While Kyoto I believe lost in the Senate 0-98, a similar bill could pass the house next year, and as everyone is saying all 3 candidates propose a cap-and-trade system, which is great. My comments on that idea, I'll post soon. Gee, it's fun to blog isn't it?

No comments: